Friday, December 19, 2008

3 hrs down-20 to go

We made it to LAX on a smooth flight. It was a little plane and we almost missed the flight because we were lollygaggin' around in the wifi lounge not paying attention very closely to the time. We heard our names called and figured we'd better board.

With a little help from my old friend, Mr. Xanax I was smiling the entire flight in giddy anticipation for our upcoming adventures with Little S in HCMC. Literally, I don't think I stooped grinning the entire flight! I didn't even sleep although I am going on 2 hours sleep from last night. I was just resting happily in my calm haze. Joy is mine!

We're hanging out now in the international terminal waiting for our flight on Thai air to Bangkok later tonight. I can't post any pictures yet because we checked the firewire cord, so pics will have to wait til HCMC on Sunday.

There were snowy mountains coming into Cali with a blue lake in the mountains surrounded by snow that was pretty.

Oh my gosh! We got soooo lucky at DFW with our luggage. We checked two big bags each and should've had to pay quite a few steep baggage fees but this nice gentleman at the United counter didn't charge us at all. Lucky day...I mean when do you actually get a break at an airport? So we're supposed to meet back up with all our bags in HCMC. Then we'll really know if it's our lucky day when they're not lost or missing!

Off to eat and charge batteries...next stop-Bangkok

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Michelle & Jeff,
We are so excited for you to bring your little one home. We were in the exact same place...well close, Taiwan, last year at this time.

What a wonderful Christmas gift!

BTW...EVA Airways from Taipei was not too bad, that is how we got our little T home last year.

Safe travels and congratulations to you both!

Lisa J.