Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nanchang Day #1/Adoption day!!!

Introducing, Linnaea Scarlet Xiang Brigman...


Right now, we call her LiLi (leelee) or Xiang (she-ahng) Li.
This is what she's been called for the past 14 months



Today, we flew from Beijing to Nanchang, the capital city of Jiangxi Province. It was a two hour flight, but we had a slight hiccup before take off. After having to wake up at 4:30 (I woke up at 4:20 all on my own without a wake up call because I was so excited the day had arrived to meet my daughter!), we ended up sitting on the airplane due to a fog delay....FOR MORE THAN FOUR HOURS!



Yes, it could have been worse. We could've had our babies with us. It could've been longer. For real though, four hours is a long time sitting crammed into an airplane, especially when it was the day all of us adopting parents had been waiting for since the early-mid 2000's! Plus, we couldn't really understand why fog caused so much of a delay when it seems to be common here (maybe it really isn't), and don't the pilots have instruments to guide them through weather like that? We concluded that the actual runway visibility itself was the culprit. In any case, we were in good spirits the whole time since it was going to be equivalent to the day when a woman gives birth to her child. This day and the day we got our referrals (photos) of our daughters, are two of the most important days of our lives.





***I'll write more later, and post more pics. It's amazing how tired we are at the end of every night and have no time for anything but sleep. Posting to this blog only happens after I get a second wind from some sugar. Right now I should be asleep, and my eyes are burning from lack of sleep, but if I didn't do a post, too much time would pass and I'd start to forget parts of the trip.

No comments: