Monday, November 7, 2011

Guangzhou Day #2

This is a typical apartment building in Guangzhou, which is very nice compared to the other cities we've been in.













On Sunday, our adoption group toured Chen's Ancestral Hall and Guangdong Folk Arts Museum. Jeff stayed with LiLi back in the hotel room because he needed a day off from touring. I am so glad I went because it was really interesting and I loved the architecture and pretty much everything there. There was some gorgeous blue circular Chinese etched stained glass that I loved, as well as all the carved and painted figurines lining the tops of the entire roofline.There were examples of carvings of all kinds including jade, wood, brick, porcelain, glass, paper, ivory, and some beautiful embroidery. I adored pretty much everything. The detail in Chinese folk arts is truly amazing, And I've enjoyed all the tours we've been on. We have been able to see so much more of China than we did of Vietnam during that adoption trip. Also, our guide has taught us many history lessons and insights into Chinese culture that have been invaluable.


LiLi has come down with a cough that is irritating her as well as some pretty nasty looking nasal discharge. Poor girl. She's been through the ringer. I can also feel myself getting a sore throat and swollen glands in my neck with pain headins up to my ears. Oh boy, I hope it doesn't get worse. For now, my day/nyquil is doing ok with my lozenges. I wish I'd brought my hydrocodone like Jeff told me to.

No comments: